it’s the christmas you always dream of
New Illustration: Space Sirens
The last remaining astronaut watched helplessly as his comrades left the ship one by one and were carried away. He told himself that he would not succumb the way his shipmates had; he knew he would struggle. But the creatures, if they could even be called that, somehow seemed to know him, and when his turn came and the singing of the cosmos reached a crescendo in his ears, his mind emptied of all but the desire to join them in the void. Gazing into the creature’s face, he mused on how tender, how gentle its embrace seemed to be, and even as his oxygen supply dwindled he did not resist.
hello friends. I finally fixed my lappytop and y’all know what that means (it means its time for me to upload art)
Not to mention all the other money that furries generate that go to charity:
Each year, Further Confusion donates money to selected charities. Funds are raised both from its charity auction and from a direct grant given by the convention itself. The following charities have benefitted since Further Confusion was founded:
- 1999: ($3,500) Coyote Point Museum and Therapy Pets
- 2000: ($6,000) The Cartoon Art Museum and Friends of the Sea Otter
- 2001: ($7,240) The Oakland Zoo and The Barry R. Kirshner Wildlife Foundation
- 2002: ($5,200) The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and Tiger Touch
- 2003: ($6,000) Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS) and The Seymour Marine Discovery Center
- 2004: ($10,000) Bay Area Bears and The Exotic Feline Breeding Center
- 2005: ($10,000) Therapy Pets and Friends of Lulu
- 2006: ($15,000) Wildlife Companions and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
- 2007: ($16,000) Golden State Greyhounds and Stanislaus Wildlife Rehabilitation
- 2008: ($22,000) House Rabbit Society, Rattie Ratz, and Wildcare
- 2009: ($16,000) Mountain Lion Foundation, and Guide Dogs for the Blind
- 2010: ($18,114) Therapy Pets, Guide Dogs for the Blind, NARF Animal Rescue, Best Friends Animal Society (Haiti disaster animal rescue)
To date, the total amount donated to local charities by Further Confusion stands at $119,054.
AND AND AND! Look how happy that kid is petting the soft, big puppy! You can raise all the money in the world, but that kid will NEVER forget being able to pet the big puppy. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why I stay a furry, despite all the negative connotations of the group. And yes, that money for charity, it’s amazing stuff.
Thought it was interesting to reblog all these listed charities. I was wondering which specific ones conventions had donated to.
This makes me happy.
Cute suit, cute moment, great cause, great fandom
but people who get all ‘think of the children!’ when you mention putting queer characters in kids shows piss me off so much
because I am thinking of the children
the queer children who are living in a world that tells them they are wrong at every turn, that denies their existence and refuses to allow them a happy ending
I’m thinking of those children